Sunday, October 6, 2013

Its Autumn Time

Its Fall! I think this is the first time in my life I am excited about this time of year. I am a lover of all things summer - hot sun, blue skies, the one time of the year I don't need a jacket, watermelon, fresh fruits and veggies... I could go on and on. But for some reason this year I am excited about this cool day, leaves changing, hot chocolate, sweater wearing, apple cider, pumpkin everything time.




It could possibly be because I knew this was coming! Yes a it is a pellet stove that yes actually keep the house warm! Finally this winter I will not have to survive moving through the house in sweatshirts, thick pjs, and a pile of blankets to keep from freezing to death. (I am only slightly exaggerating) We turned it on last night and the house was 70 degrees on the lowest setting! Finally a decent temperature to pass the winter with. Oh and Mitch loves it too. He is already laying in front of it soaking up the heat waves.






This week was much better then the last few. Partly because I only had one test and it was on Monday, so there was not any frantic studying this week or this weekend and partly because Randy and I finally went on a date for the first time in weeks!
Yesterday I went to my first ever conference. I felt like a real grown up. I got on a bus with some friends at 7:30 am for a 3.5 hour drive over to Yakima for the Washington State Veterinary Medical Association annual conference. This was my first opportunity to interact with my future colleagues and attend lectures pertaining to all aspects of veterinary medicine. I attended 3 different lectures about lameness in horses, creating a work life balance, and how to retain clients. I wish there were more hours in the day as there were many other topics from beef nutrition to viral infections of cats that I wanted to attend.

Today Randy and I listened to General Conference. Twice a year the leaders of the Church speak to the entire world.  It was such a blessing to be able to sit by my sweet husband and listen to the words of the apostles and the prophet. I was reminded of the importance of keeping things in proper order- put God first then things will fall into place and also to use my time wisely among many other messages. If you would like to learn more about General Conference click here.

Today was one of the few beautiful fall days we have had so far. It has been quite rainy here the last few weeks. I sure do love the rain, but it was lovely to see the sun and feel its warm rays on my face.

We found this little guy while walking down the lane. He was not to happy with Randy's attempts to save his life by chasing him off the road. 

I sure do love these two! 


To round out this lovely relaxing day, we had pot roast for dinner! Growing up we had pot roast almost every Sunday for dinner. This is the first time since we have been married to enjoy this Sheets family tradition. I am proud to say it was quite tasty. 

:D 

No comments:

Post a Comment