Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Finally- Time to Breath

I made it through Fall semester of second year! I passed all of my classes so I can continue to move forward in school. I am half way down with the classwork part of my schooling- YIKES!

 Last month I went to the west side of Washington for an alpaca castration trip. It was a blast. The veterinarians at the clinic were wonderful. We stayed the night at their house. Our group castrated about 15 alpacas. We got to do the entire procedure- it was awesome! We also filled down their fighting teeth (these teeth can get very sharp).

During Thanksgiving break, I went down to Utah for a few days. My amazing little sister Ashley had one of the leads in Guys and Dolls. She was fantastic! I also got to spend some time with couple of my best friends. I didn't realize just how  much I missed them. Brittany made me laugh continuously for two hours. That was a wonderful stress release. I saw Maria one evening and we had a much needed thought provoking conversation.

I have a four week break from school! I have been using the break to deep clean the house, bake, watch movies, make an attempt to work on my senior paper, and read. It has been just lovely to read and not worry about learning something from the book. I have read a series called Divergent and I am rereading the Harry Potter series for the first time in ages. Being able to spend time with Randy and not worrying about how much more I need to study has been wonderful.

Two weeks ago, Randy and I went up to Spokane to go to the temple. It was the perfect way to end this crazy semester- surround by peace. We also met up with some friends, Natalie and Brandon at Red Robin for lunch. We had a good time wandering around the mall looking at very expensive house wares"just for ideas" as Natalie put it.


Last weekend, Randy and I went up to my in-laws. We cleaned goats pens, and dewormed goats, moved furniture around, played with all the animals, and ate lots of yummy food.  We took Mitch and Winter with us. There were three little dogs running around and Winter did just fine with them. She had a great time exploring the house and watching the dogs. Mitch enjoyed running around in the snow. He seemed to have a permeant bit of snow on the top of his nose.



We went out to lunch with gal that worked with Randy this last summer, Lindsay, at a place called Hu Hot. It was excellent- you fill up your plate with raw meats and veggies and sauces. Then you take it to a large circle grill and the cooks grill it up right there for you.

Sunday evening we had Christmas together. Mitch was very excited about the chews he got, but Winter was more excited about the wrapping paper then any of the gifts.

This is our first year to spend Christmas just the two of us since we got married. I am excited to just spend time with my Randall, watch Christmas movies, make more Christmas goodies, and start making our own traditions for our family.



 Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment