Sunday, February 2, 2014

Welcome February

Randy's birthday was last month. I surprised him with a "Firefly" cake made by Jenny, a wife of a classmate of mine, who is a fantastic cake maker. I was blown away by what she came up with. That space ship is made out of chocolate! 



These last few weeks have been busy as usual. I am working on a few different projects for school, different clubs, my senior paper, and a possible abstract to present at a conference this summer. My embryo transfer class had a few labs this weekend. I tried my hand at artificial insemination for the first time yesterday. 

On Friday, we went up to Spokane to go to the temple with our friends Natalie and Brandon. It was Natalie's first time and she asked me to be her escort. It was a wonderful evening; spending a few precious hours in the house of the Lord with friends.  

Randy is heading back to Idaho sometime in the next month or so. We are waiting to hear about a start date. I know he is excited to get back out into the field, but I will miss him terribly. We are still hopeful that a masters program will present itself soon. 

We are having a few friends over to play games tonight and one friend, Rebecca is bringing her cat. This will be the first cat that Winter will meet since her mom and siblings so this will be interesting. If nothing else, Winter will sleep well tonight. Lately she has a habit of walking across my face and neck in the morning. Its an interesting way to be woken up. 

Here is a better picture of our new car. It is slowly growing on me, but I do miss sitting up higher in my truck. 


Things are going pretty well here at the McBride house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment