Friday the 14th, I packed up the little ones and headed up to Spokane to spend the evening with my in-laws. Cindy and I spent the evening vaccinating goats and walking my horse,Tag, who decided to hurt himself about a week earlier and couldn't be turned out with the others.
 |
| Two Brothers- Baron and Boaz |
 |
| Last year's babies and momma |
 |
| Randy's place |
Luckily, Saturday I was able to catch a flight out to Salt Lake. My mom and I spent the day shopping for a bridal shower my mom was hosting and that evening my family went Sizzler for dinner.
Sunday, I drove up to Paul, Idaho to spend a few short days with my Randy. It was nice to see where he lives and meet the guys he works with. Randy also made us a delicious meal.
 |
| Spaghetti! |
 |
One of the walls in the dining room was a HUGE map of the area
|
We stayed a hotel in Twin Falls. It was great eating the cookies the hotel provided and watching "The Pink Panther". Unfortunately, I got sick that night and spent a good chunk of the time in the bathroom. The next day we planned to up to Craters of the Moon National Park, go out to Johnny Carinos for dinner, go to the office where Randy is based out of, go grocery shopping, see the sights.... but most of that did not happen. Monday, Randy went up to the office by himself while I tried to recover. A few hours later I felt a little better and we made the hour drive to the Craters of the Moon. Craters is a bunch of ancient lava flows. We weren't able to do all the hikes, but we did walk around a little bit.

 |
| This area has a strange and mystical beauty about it |
 |
| I loved the contrast of the bright sky with the dark ground |
My sweet husband took such good care of me that day. He bought me Sprite and saltine crackers which was the only thing I could keep down. When it got closer to dinner time, he kept asking if there was anything that sounded good. He listed all the foods that I usually enjoy, but nothing sounded good. Finally later that evening a Jamba Juice sounded tolerable. Randy picked up Johnny Carinos to-go and me a juice and we ate in the hotel. The next day we woke up early to get Randy back to the firehouse by 6:30. We made it back in time and after Randy left, I slept for a few more hours before I headed back to Utah. I can't wait to see my sweet husband next month!
Wahoo for spring break and for seeing your husband! Thats the best!
ReplyDelete