Monday, May 5, 2014

God Answers Prayer

This morning I was listening to a Church Educational System Devotional from Sister Linda K. Burton that she gave on March 2nd of this year. She quoted this poem that sunk deep within my heart. This is a beautiful reminder to wait upon the Lord and His timing. He knows best. 


I know not by what methods rare,
But this I know, God answers prayer.
I know that He has given His Word,
Which tells me prayer is always heard,
And will be answered, soon or late.
And so I pray and calmly wait.
I know not if the blessing sought
Will come in just the way I thought;
But leave my prayers with Him alone,
Whose will is wiser than my own,
Assured that He will grant my quest,
Or send some answer far more blest.
- Eliza M. Hickok 


No comments:

Post a Comment