Thursday, May 7, 2015

ONE YEAR FROM TODAY I'M GOING TO BE A VETERINARIAN!!!

I just finished my last ever final exam!!! 
I have picked up my pager and found my locker!
I took graduation photos last Saturday! 
I start my first rotation tomorrow morning! 
This is getting real- I'm going to be a 4th year! 

Other fun facts from the last few weeks -

1) Now not only do Harry Potter and I have matching birthdays, we also have matching scars. I managed to cut my head on my car door about a week ago. Thankfully, Sarah came to my rescue with paper towels and frozen sausage as an ice pack. I later spent an hour in the ER waiting to get the cut glued back together. Instead of studying that evening I watched a movie and ate a big piece of cake. 

2) Cassie, Betsy, Anna, Beth, and I went out to The Breakfast Club on Friday to celebrate finishing our last week of classes ever! I ordered lemon poppy seed french toast- oh amazing! It was basically eating cake for breakfast. 

3) I have had some great study sessions with friends that often involve more laughing then studying

4) Mitch and I have enjoyed some long walks to 'clear the mind' before studying. 

5) Winter has been very helpful while I have been attempting to study. (all she wants to do is play fetch, which I agree is more fun then learning all the things about everything)

6) I tried Indian food for the first time! One of the bighorn researchers, Bindu, made a yummy traditional Indian lunch for all us time-slips.

7) My last day at WADDL was Friday. It was much harder to leave the lab then I ever anticipated. I never imagined myself working in lab, but I had such a good experience. I learned new skills (things that I never knew were skills), how a lab is supposed to work, I made good friends, I had great co-workers and managers. Thank you to all those who were part of my WADDL experience. 

Now for the next few weeks -

1) My first rotation is Critical Care.

2) I get to see my family in about 1.5 weeks! Mom and I are going to take a trip somewhere, maybe Vegas, maybe New York. 

3) I get to see my Randy in 2 weeks! 

4) I am going back to Dr. Waddoup's practice in Rigby for 2 weeks. I am excited to see what new adventures are waiting for me. 

I can't believe that in a few short hours I will officially be a 4th year student. Many thanks to all my friends and family members who have supported me and believed in me, most especially my wonderful husband- I couldn't have made it without him. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay Raquel!!!!! You go girl! SO proud of you!!! Have fun with Dr. Waddoups!!! I wish I still lived in Idaho so that I could come see you while you're there! Tell him hello from me :)

    ReplyDelete