Yesterday was one of those days that was magical in its ordinariness. We spent the day working in yard, planning for the week, grocery shopping, and planning lessons. It felt so good to just be together as a family, especially watching Randy interact with Roo. She is learning and growing at a mind blowing rate. She is constantly rolling around (she is determined to become mobile as soon as possible), loves to stand, and watch everything that's going on.
One new thing we did was pick peaches. We accepted an invitation to harvest the peaches at the LDS Peach Orchard. Randy carried the bag and I carried Roo in her pack and we spent an hour among the peaches. I was amazed at how many thousands of peaches there were. Thankfully Roo slept most of the time, but she did wake up and wanted to sample the trees. The day was very hot and I tried to keep Roo and I in shade as much as possible. This weekend was beautiful reminder that family is meant to be the center of life.
No comments:
Post a Comment