As always I have made my self a list of resolutions for the new year (along with the rest of the world :) ), but my real goal is to see them through this time.
#1. Improve my spirituality and my relationship with my Heavenly Father - To do this I have made a goal to study my scriptures for 30 minutes everyday. I so far I have not been perfect at this, but the days that I have followed through has lead to new insights and it helps me to remember my Savior more often throughout the day.
#2. Keep my stuff picked up - So I know this seems kind of lame, but I am very good at making a mess ( as Randy teasingly reminds me, particularly when I am cooking) so I have decided to be very very good at cleaning them up. So far the improvement that I have made is to clean up my stuff before I go to bed.
#3 Healthy Lifestyle Change- Lose weight, eat healthy: you know everyone else's new years resolution. I really want to make a permanent change, a true live style change. I have a couple of bad habits I am wanting to kick (like eating too much bread.... those of you who know me know just how much I loooove my bread, too much ice cream, and excess snacking). But not eating unhealthy foods is only part of the battle. I don't want to be starving all the time, so I have started to find healthier snacks instead. A few weeks ago on facebook I asked some friends what their favorite healthy snacks are. Some of the most popular were frozen grapes (I haven't tried those yet, but they sound yummy), peanut butter and celery (because its hard for me to eat more then one piece of celery by itself), and almonds (love these!).
To give me more motivation to achieve my goals I found an 8 Week Challenge from Six Sisters' Stuff. In this challenge you earn points everyday for exercising, eating so many fruits and veggies each day, drinking 64 oz of water, losing weight, and other healthy habits. At the end of the week you tally up your points and you tally again at the end of the 8 weeks. I have a goal to lose 8 pounds and to earn the full number of points 6 weeks out of the 8 total weeks. Tomorrow I will take my starting weight and then begin the challenge officially on Monday. I am still trying to decide on a reward for myself if I reach my weight lose goal and/or the number of points.
No comments:
Post a Comment