Tuesday, March 27, 2012

What think ye of Christ?

About a month ago, I was reading Elder Dallin H. Oaks conference address from last October. The opening paragraph of the address has resonated with me and has remained in the back of my mind. He said, "... I ask my fellow Latter-Day-Saints and other Christians what you really believe about Jesus Christ and what are you doing because of that belief."


I have thought a lot of about this statement, particularly the second half - what am I doing about my belief. But as I have reflected deeper, I realize that I need to determine what I believe about Jesus Christ first before I can figure out what do with my belief.

Through personal prayer, studying the scriptures, and personal experiences I know that Jesus Christ is real. He is the Son of God. He is my Savior and Redeemer. I know that He came to earth to teach man how to live through love and service. He suffered in the Garden for all of my hurts, pains, sins, and disappointments not only so I could be forgiven of my sins, but also so He can understand my challenges. He knows how to help me because He has felt my pain. I know He rose again. Jesus Christ is my perfect example who cares for the individual. I know that He loves me and that I am important to Him.

Now what am I doing about my belief. If I truly believe in Christ, my actions should reflect my beliefs. If I see Christ as a perfect example, I must do my very best to follow that example through loving service to others. I must keep all the commandments. I need to keep my thoughts clean and be kind to others not only in action, but in thought.

Each day I am trying to do better, to remember to do my best to live up to standard that Jesus Christ has given me. I am not perfect and yes some days are better then others, but as long as I am continuing to try and to move forward I am succeeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment