Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Counting Blessings


This last week has been full of tender mercies and gifts from Heavenly Father.

1. I got ANOTHER job! :D I am part of the barn crew for McKinlay & Peters Equine Hospital. This is the hospital where I completed my internship for my undergraduate degree. I clean stalls, feed the horses, clean the exam areas, basically keep the facility looking spiffy clean six times a week. It takes me about 3 hours per shift to get everything done, but I am loving it! I am really tired when I finish, but as my stamina improves I should be able to work faster and not be so sore. As it is spring time there are lots of mamas and babies!!! It is sweet to be able to spend a few minutes with these 80 pound newborns.

2. Randall had the opportunity to release Sharp Tail Grouse last week. This required getting up way before sunrise, but he enjoyed the new experience. We are very grateful that he has this job, for the new experiences, the learning opportunities, and the chance for networking. He is still looking and applying for jobs after this WSU job finishes.

3. The little girl I babysit is wonderful! She is the easiest sweetest little 2 year old I have ever watched. She takes about a 2 hours nap every day which allows me 2 quiet hours to just sit and read. I haven't had the chance to just sit and read for a while now.

4. Last Saturday mom, grandma Grace, and I went down to Pullman for Mother's weekend to spend some time with Shannon. Every time we go to the school I think to myself "I can't believe I get to go to school here. This place is soooo awesome!" I feel so lucky to be able to attend a school where I feel I will be successful and welcome. I still cannot believe that my childhood dream of becoming a veterinarian is going to come true!

5. I have the best husband EVER! I know most wives believe they have the best husband ever- but I REALLY do! He remembers the little things. For example- the other night while I was at work he made dinner and finished the laundry. Dinner was hot and ready as soon as I walked in the door. And then he pretty much told me go to bed and he went out and finished the evening chores.

Count your many blessings name them one by one :)

1 comment:

  1. Your life is so fascinating! I'm so happy your dreams are coming true!

    ReplyDelete