Sunday, October 14, 2012

Family Trip

 Last weekend for General Conference we went up to Spokane to spend time with Randy's parents and grandparents . Randy's grandfather has terminal cancer and we are not sure how long he will be with us.


Grandma Grace, Grandpa Merle Stratton, and Randy


















Conference was wonderful. One of the talks that really resonated with me was President Uchtdorf's message about living and regrets. I am trying to focus on figuring out how to be happy now instead of waiting for it to happen sometime in the future. "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"- Psalm 118:24.

Being up with family and enjoying the beautiful fall weather was refreshing and very much needed.



All eyes were are Shannon- who was holding some very tempting treats 








Mitch absolutely LOVES the baby goats. 



The garden was very profitable this year- especially in the pumpkin department! I think there were over 200 pumpkins total!  









This week we have been blessed once again in the most merciful ways. My wonderful husband is continuing to pursue his dream of becoming a wildlife biologist. He has been able to keep in touch with the graduate professor he worked for this past summer. Mitch's separation  is beginning to decrease and he seems to finally starting to settle in. Once again I am reminded that my Heavenly Father is aware of me and my challenges.  

We are slowly starting a tradition of having friends over to eat food and play board games. Last night we played Curses and ate cake. Man oh man I had a stomach ache before we were done from laughing so much. 

Life is good! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad! Life is so good! We just have to remember to enjoy it! Sending lots of love!

    ReplyDelete