Sunday, September 8, 2013

Picture Update

School started 3 weeks ago and is going full blast. This year has already been crazy busy. Some of that is due the fact that I am still working two jobs- WADDL and with the big horns. Randy is still home (YAY!). I absolutely love having him home! He is such a good man. He has applied to a job in Clarkston but we are still waiting to hear back.

Our friends Natalie and Brandon came down the weekend after my first week of school. We had a blast. Saturday morning we went to the Farmer's Market in Moscow. There seemed to be more vendors then other times this summer and there were lots of people. We bought the BEST blueberries I have ever had. Even Randy thought they were awesome. The boys bought mini doughnuts for breakfast. Afterwards all of us plus Mitch went to Kamiak Butte for a hike and Mitch got to try out his new backpack.





That night we made a yummy pasta bake and played games. Even though I didn't leave Pullman, it felt like a real vacation. It also made me feel like a 'real' grown up to have friends stay at our house. 
School is just crazy and the second week started to get to me. I was pretty stressed out and had a lot to get done. My sweet Randy knew what some of the best medicine for my stress is - riding- and decided to make it happen. So on Friday evening, we went to an opening social for church and then drove up to Spokane to spend the weekend at Randy's parents' place. The next morning, my incredible mother in law gave me a riding lesson on Tag. I have had very few formal riding lessons, and I love picking the brain of this great rider. My Tag is a well trained horse and has to work hard to make me into a decently trained rider. Its just going to take some time. Once dismounting and putting him away I felt much refreshed and ready to hit the books again. The agreement was I could ride in the morning, but would be 'locked' in the bedroom with my mountain of books and notes while Randy helped out with some home improvement projects. Amazingly I was actually really productive. 
Sunday, we went to church, I ate wayyy toooo many pancakes for lunch,  and enjoyed each other's company. 
Monday the four of us went shopping and went out to breakfast at this cool place called Frank's Diner. Its this refurbished dining train car. After we got home, I got another riding lesson and Randy rode his horse Montana. Soon after lunch, I headed back down to Pullman to meet with a study group and finish my homework.  

Baby Goats! 

Trick Pony 


The Brothers 






Watching the world go by 

The following week of school was still crazy and busy but went better. Yesterday I studied all morning, but starting at 4 pm - it was date night! Finally! It had been too long since we have gone out just the two of us. We went out to dinner and meet a friend Randy had made while working in Idaho. Afterwards we all headed out to the Lewiston Roundup. This is the first rodeo we have been to since getting married. (in other words it has been far too long) We had a great time and had awesome seats. We sat right behind the chutes. They did a good job keeping everything going smoothly and know one got seriously hurt. There were some good rides on both broncs and bulls. 




There is a little bit about us the last few weeks. Life is still wonderful and God is good to us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment