We spent all day at this spot. I caught 3 fish and had a bunch of bites. Randy caught the first fish of the day and a whole bunch more. To make up for it I caught the biggest fish of the day. I also learned that the dorsal fins are spiny and how to 'lip' a bass.
Mitch loved it! He ran up and down the bank. I would turn around and he would be taking himself for a swim up the river as if he had some where very important to be. Lorraine showed him a couple fish and he thought that was the greatest thing in the world. He caught two of them in his mouth! Its a good thing he knows the command Drop It! After Lorraine would let the fish go he would swim around looking for it or would intently watch her waiting for the fish to come back. It was hilarious how intent he was on finding the fish.
While we were fishing an osprey flew around a few times and landed near by. Randy got a few cool pictures, just wish the power lines weren't in the way, but his facial expressions were pretty sweet.
By the end of the day we were super tired but we had a great time. My wonderful boss treated us to Fazzari's pizza for dinner. It was a blessing to be able to go on this trip. I wasn't sure what we were going to do for our anniversary. I wanted to do something special but as poor collage students anything too fancy was out of our budget. This was perfect! We spent a day together learning new skills, spent the entire time outside, Mitch got to come and all it cost was our time and two day fishing licences.
We are already starting to plan our next fishing trip. Hopefully my schedule will allow us to go again before the end of the year.
Yay! Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDelete