Sunday, September 14, 2014

Crazy first 3 weeks!

This has been a crazy first three weeks of class. I was on surgery block = test first day of school, 2 oral exams, spaying a dog, super late nights, super early mornings, lots of taking pulse, respiration rate, temperatures, mucous membranes, hydration, attitude measurements. I learned a bunch and got to work with some classmates that I didn't know that well before hand. They are two incredible ladies who worked hard and got the job done right.

I don't think I would have had any food, clean clothes, or happy animals without Randy. I pretty much neglected him, Mitch, and Winter for the three weeks. My incredible husband never complained about me going so long or never doing the dishes or making dinner or contributing to the house hold in any way. The only complaint was I smelled funny- like a hospital.

Yesterday we did the first exciting activity since we went to Tri-Cities. We were invited by some friends to go shotgun shooting. A bunch of vet students were there and we had a great time sitting on tail gates, wandering on top of the hill, watching a beautiful sunset, shooting clay pigeons, and making new friends. It has been at least 4 years since I have gone shooting so my aim was pretty terrible (not that it has ever been good), but I did shatter one!





No comments:

Post a Comment