Sunday, September 21, 2014

Sabbath Day

I am so grateful for Sundays. The the craziness that is my life, I would not last long without my weekly day of rest. I was taught since I was small to keep the Sabbath day holy and to make it a special day. A day do worship God, to serve others, and to rest from daily cares. To the surprise of some of my classmates, I take Sundays off from studying. This is a personal decision that has blessed my life immensely. 

Some of my favorite things to do on Sundays include

Attending church 
Making an actual meal that is more then cheese quesodillas 
Taking Mitch on a walk 
Studying scriptures 
Reading something that is not about diarrhea, blood, diseases or antibiotics 
Watching videos on lds.org 
Chatting with my mother-in-law
Skyping with my family
Making treats
Visiting friends 
Indexing  
Emailing my sister who is on a mission in Peru (she comes home next month!) 
Spending time with Randy that's not interrupted by school
Sitting quietly and thinking about the way my life is headed and what I want to change

This looks like a busy day but I can't tell you how nice it is to focus on my relationship with God, my family, my dear friends and taking a short break from the rushing around I do the other 6 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment