At church today my friend Ashlee visited with me about it while I tried not to burst into tears- again. She said something that I have never before thought of. I thought it would be easier or at least less painful this time Randy left because we have done this so many times. Ashlee responded something to the effect of,' As time goes on we love our spouses more and more, so it would make sense that you miss him more'. I like that way of thinking - it makes complete sense.
A little update about our last month-
Randy has applied for a graduate position working with Sage Grouse in South Dakota. The position would start in August. We are waiting to hear back from the professor. I hope he gets in! I feel like its his turn to achieve his dreams. He followed me here to Pullman and turned down other jobs so we could be together more often. Now its my turn to follow him and I will follow him anywhere.
This semester of school is a hundred times better in every way possible compared to last semester. I am really enjoying my classes particularly my Practice Management and Large Animal Surgery classes. Practice Management is my weekly dose of motivation to keep pursing my dreams and giving me tools to achieve life long success. Large Animal Surgery is a chance to be a doctor every Friday. My theriogenology labs are getting started and those should be a lot of fun. Tomorrow we are practicing bovine obstetrical manipulations.
| Winter wanted to play Firefly with us last night |
Mitch and Winter as wonderful as always. I am going to depend on their companionship to get me through the next few months.
Randy and I spent our last day together doing a ton of laundry, packing, going on walk, playing board games, and going out to eat.
Several other events that occurred over the last month- We celebrated Randy's 31st birthday twice. Once the day before with the Gancinia's and again with Bryan and Rebecca the following day. Both times involved yummy food, dessert, and games. We had a Firefly marathon with Bryan and Rebecca (I think we watched 8 episodes) and Bryan treated us with amazing homemade pizza. Randy spent a day last week with Washington, Idaho, and Organ Fish and Game Departments capturing Bighorn Sheep. He will have to tell you about it. He came home beaming with excitement.
I am grateful for the many blessing I have been given. I have the most incredible husband! I have many good friends who have already stepped in to help me in this difficult time. I have supportive family, hilarious animals, and a comfortable home. I am over halfway done with completing my goal of becoming a veterinarian at an incredible school. I have faith and trust in God that He is aware of me and my family and has a plan for us. When compared to my blessings, my trials diminish.
No comments:
Post a Comment