Sunday, March 22, 2015

Spring Break Visit to the Boise Zoo

Monday of Spring Break, my mother-in-law and I went to the Boise Zoo. It has been a while since I have been to a zoo and it was fun to see all the animals. A club from school put together a behind the scenes tour. We were able to meet the zoo veterinarian and get a tour of the zoo vet hospital. The doctor discussed with us interesting cases, we went through some radiographs, and talked about the importance of flexibility when working with zoo animals because equipment usually isn't designed with tigers or hornbills in mind. Oh and porcupines stink!

The Patas monkeys were hilarious to watch


This sloth bear female was making kissing faces

It was hard to tell how many lemurs were in this pile, but I think we counted 4

Family time


Wallabies! If you look close you can see a baby poking his head out of the mamma in front






No comments:

Post a Comment