Friday, March 6, 2015

Weekend Visit

Last Friday, Randy was able to come home for the weekend! While waiting for him to get home, I went to the U of I sheep center to ultrasound ewes for pregnancy diagnosis. I was able to find fetuses which was awesome! We tried a new restaurant for dinner- Gambinos. We ordered some garlic bread twist and holy moly they were huge (a foot and half long)!!

Saturday morning Mitch and Winter woke me up early because they wanted breakfast. I tried to let Randy sleep in as he was transitioning from nights to days. These two were not so inclined. They would not leave the door alone- Mitch kept on trying to open the door!



Later that morning we went on a short adventure with Mitch to the Wawawai County Park for the first time. It was a beautiful day and for the most part it was just us there. There is a little bay, a large covered picnic area, a big grassy hill, and a nice little trail around with signs explaining some of the history of Wawawai. Mitch had a blast running around and smelling EVERYTHING!





After church on Sunday, Bryan and Rebecca came over for games and snacks. We had a good time visiting, munching on goodies, and playing Smallworld and Dixit. 

Unfortunately Monday morning came. Randy dropped me off at school and then headed back south. It is always refreshing to my soul to spend time with this amazing man. I'm so glad he drove the 9 hours each way to come see me. Thankfully, I have been able to stay really busy and not have much time to think about Randy being gone. Spring Break is a week away and hopefully, I will be able to see Randy again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment