Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Delicious Bran Muffins

I am sitting her anxiously awaiting the arrival of Randy and Stephanie! I figured I better do something with my time so I don't go crazy! So I decided to bake :D

I promise I will not become a a cooking blog (there are so many good ones Desperate Chefwife and Our Best Bites are some of my favorites), but I wanted to share these super easy, but super delicious and healthy bran muffins with you. I'm pretty sure these are going to become a staple in our house... as a fast breakfast or a snack.
Randy's grandfather found this recipe years and years ago on a bran box, made some modifications and sent it to Randy's mother who has gladly shared them with me. So its only fair that I pass on the goodness. 

I wanted to try adding blueberries this time. Wish me luck!
1 cup wheat bran
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 raisins (optional) 
1 tsp. baking powder 
1 tsp soda 

3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup honey
2 tbs oil
1 egg beaten
1/2 cup applesauce (add more if you want moister muffins)

Preheat oven to 450
Bake 12-15 minutes 
Makes 12 muffins 

Grandpa likes to add about 3/4 cup applesauce and a banana. I have yet to try this combination, but I bet it would be yummy.

Mix all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl and put all of the wet ingredients in a smaller bowl.

Combine all together in the large bowl.

Spray the muffin tins with non-stick spray. You can use the muffin paper things, but I usually just spray.

Since I am using frozen blueberries- add them at the very last minute to prevent streaking in the muffins.




Cook for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and WALA- Yummy Yummy Muffins!

No comments:

Post a Comment