Sunday, May 6, 2012

Feeling a Need to Write

We started this blog to be our journal. Our intent is to print  out a copy of our blog each year for our children to read (if they ever feel so inclined). For this reason I want to share a bit about our first 9 months of marriage.

We were married in the Bountiful LDS temple on August 4, 2011 at 10 am. My family stayed at Grandma Kay's house. I was certian I  wasn't going to be able to sleep a wink, but somehow I drifted off to sleep until my alarm woke me. Amber Spencer (my cousin) came over a little before 6 to start working on my hair. Kristina Rowley, our photographer, was also there to document the occasion. One of my best friends and bridesmaids, Brittany, came a little later to help me with my makeup. Once I was ready, my dad gave me a priesthood blessing. Then mom, dad, and I piled into the rental car and headed up to the temple. We were supposed to be there at 8:30 and we were running just about 5 minutes behind. I think Randy was starting to get a bit nervous when we weren't there on the dot :).

The brides room in the temple was just beautiful! I felt like a princess. When Randy and I entered the sealing room- it was packed. Many of my family members from both of my parents side and  friends (some traveled all the way from Florida to be there) were there. It was wonderful to be surrounded by people who loved and supported us. During the ceremony, I giggled. I was so happy I couldn't help myself. When Randy proposed I also laughed and giggled then (he still gives me a hard time about that).

After we finished in the temple we went outside and took like a million pictures! We really do have the best friends and family any person could ask for. Once all the family pictures were taken, Randy and I stayed for some couple shots while everyone else went to Sizzler for something to eat.When we were finished with the pictures Randy and I stopped by, but when some where else to eat. In Bountiful there is a little building that half of it is a Jamba Juice and the other half a Great Harvest Bread store. As smoothies and bread are my two favorite foods we went there to eat. Super yummy!! We then headed off to our reception hall- The Castle. It was wonderful to get there early enough to have a few moments to ourselves and start to soak in what really just happened. Our wonderful friend Sylvia came a little early which was perfect because the boys needed help tying their scarves and she is pretty much a pro! From then on everything went smoothly. We took more pictures of just the two of us and then with all the family and friends. Everything was so beautiful, Randy danced with me, and the food was yummy, and pretty much the perfect party. Well at least for me it was, I don't know about anyone else, but I would looove to have another party like that again and soon!!! When it was time for us to go everyone held up sparklers for us to run through. Dark clouds started to gather and there was clap of thunder and a flash of lightening. I love thunder storms so it couldn't have been a better ending!
I am married to the kindest, hard working, gentle, strong, amazing man! I don't know how I got to be so lucky!



The next day we headed off to Oregon. We spent our honeymoon in Lincoln City, but decided to take 2 days to get there. We stayed their about 6 days then headed back to Utah. On the way back we did the trip in one day. The following day we headed off to Cheyenne WY for another reception/open house. It was so fun to see where Randy grew up and to put faces to people he talked about. The next day Randy headed back to Colorado for work and I, Shannon, and Cindy headed up here to Washington. Randy and I  had about 10 days together before we had to be apart for just under 2 months. Randy needed to finish up his job and I needed to start on my internship so I could officially graduate. I walked across the stage that July, I had finished all of my classes except for my internship. Amazingly we were able to spend 3 days together during this time. My 98 year old great grandmother passed away and we both traveled to Utah for the funeral. The following months were difficult, but not unbearable. I came to live with a wonderful family, got to work with amazing people at the vet clinic, and was surrounded by animals. I learned a little bit more how to rely on Heavenly Father and that it is a choice to be happy. Because of Jesus Christ I can be happy despite challenging situations. I learned and am still learning the great strength that comes from prayer and I know that my prayers are answered, even the simplest ones. As we move forward for the next adventure in our lives it will be hard. Most likely Randy will be away during the week and I will have to learn how to prioritize spending time with him, work, and studying. This will be the first time we will live on our own together. I am very excited to setup a house together, to work together, and to become closer together.

No comments:

Post a Comment