Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Stephanie's Visit

We had a wonderful time with Stephanie! I decided the easiest way to share some of our adventures is through pictures. As Stephanie was much better at taking pictures while she was here, these are all her pictures.

Thursday morning, Stephanie, Mitch, and I went for a short hike. On top of the hill there is this ancient fruit tree. Its either a cherry or apple tree but I can't remember at the moment. I think this is such a cool old tree. We think there used be an orchard up here a long time ago and this tree is the only remaining witness.


After we got back from the hike Randy, Stephanie, and I went on a ride. Tie was not happy that he got left behind, but when we got back Randy worked with him on the ground. Here Randy is asking him to walk over the dirt mounds.

While Randy was working with Tie and I was working with Tag we let the other two horses, Montana and Sax, roam around the barnyard with us. I loved this picture Stephanie took of Montana mid-chew. After we were finished with the horses we went down town Spokane for dinner at Red Robin and to show Stephanie some of the cool shops.

On Friday, Stephanie came to work with me. I babysit from 7:15 am to about 4:30ish pm on Fridays and then I work at the clinic from 5 to about 7 or whenever I finish the chores. This is one of the babies at the clinic. He is a comic act and always makes me laugh. He was quite curious about Stephanie.



This is one of the stallions at the clinic.  He is in LOVE with the manure wheelbarrow. I am pretty sure he would follow me anywhere as long as he could keep his nose in the wheel barrow.


On Saturday Stephanie and I played ground games with Tag and Sax. Here is Stephanie with Sax after she finished working with him. They worked really well together and both had a good time. 

After we were done with the horses, the three of us when to Green Bluffs for lunch. Green Bluffs is a farming community that is mostly organic and is located on a hill top. During the summer and fall you can buy fresh produce and during Halloween there are corn mazes.We had lunch at  a quaint little cafe that over looks some orchards. The weather was perfect and it was nice to just sit and enjoy the sunshine.


On Monday I went to work and Randy took Stephanie to see some of the gardens including the one were we got engaged. On Tuesday, the three of us went on hike. I think this is one of the cutest dogs that went on the walk.. do you think I could be a bit biased? :D

After the hike we all saddled up and went for another ride. All of the horses were on their best behavior and Stephanie fell in love with Sax. She really wanted to take him home with her, but Shannon would not allow it :)

I love this picture of the two brothers. They were upset that we didn't let them out, but they had another hour to go before it was time for their pasture time.


On Wednesday  I made sticky buns for breakfast and then Randy took Stephanie to the airport while I ran off to work. We had an amazing time visiting with an old friend and hope we can get together again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment